Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day Twelve - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Wow! I'm so way behind.  We're now on Day 12 and I'm behind 4 paintings- 2 for last week and 2 this week.  I'll try to catch up, promise to myself.

While I was in a very short vacation in Manila, somehow we still managed to visit my future studio site (I wish!).  At the club house they have these big vats filled with floating flowers.  Interesting combination of colors and texture.


For this week I'd like to paint my impressions of these floating flowers.  I started planning and sketching what I'd like to paint for the week and that helped me a lot.  Lesson learned this week is that planning is the key to being organized and inspired to paint.  Also a good heat gun makes the life of a watercolor artist easy while trying to catch-up with 400 artists :)

I'll try to paint my backlog paintings after I take a little break.  In the meantime, here's my Day Twelve painting

Floating Floral #1
Watercolor on Paper
6" x 6"
$30.00 USDAvailable


No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...