Monday, September 30, 2013

Day Thirty - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Day 30. Wow! I did it. Well almost did 30 paintings in 30 days.  I know I'm missing 10 paintings but I'm still proud of myself to have painted 20 out of 30.  That's more paintings than I did in the past year.  I owe a great part of this achievement on your support, all the likes and comments. They kept me going. Thank you!

There were times when I said to myself I should just quit.  This is not normal.  This is crazy.  I don't like most of the paintings I've done but I'm not supposed to like each and every painting I did. That's giving myself a break.  It's just normal that I should struggle to learn and help me improve and progress in my art.  I'd like to  think of myself as a professional student.  Always learning, always looking for ways to learn.  There were definitely ups and downs.  There were good and bad paintings but I just pressed on and that's the greatest lesson I learned during the challenge. 

I will surely miss the pressure of finishing my painting everyday.  Or pressure to get time to paint. I know my travels and work were in the way of painting but I know I don't have to choose one over the other.  I just need to continue creating. This day should not be the end. It should be the start of my new way of working for my art. As Chuck Close has said- “Every idea occurs while you are working. If you are sitting around waiting for inspiration, you could sit there forever.”

Thanks to Leslie Saeta for creating the forum for artists to get to paint everyday.  I will definitely join her again next year.

Thank you so much for your support and to my new art patrons and friends for giving my paintings new homes.  I will continue to paint and share them with you.   
  
Here's my Day Thirty Painting. It's from a photo I took during my Toronto trip last weekend at the Niagara Falls.

Guarding the Falls
Watercolor on Paper
11" x 15"
$150.00 USD Available



2 comments:

Diane Mannion said...

Carolina, just saw your collage on Leslie's site... looks great! Your work is terrific.

Art Creative Shoppe said...

Thanks Diane! You're so kind!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...