Saturday, September 07, 2013

Day 6 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

It's getting to be a real challenge catching up with the Leslie Saeta and all the 420 artists doing the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I wanted so much to be able to post my paintings in Leslie's blog everyday so I painted day 5 yesterday, day 6 this morning and plan to paint day 7 this afternoon.  Then I'll go back and paint days 3 and 4 (I know Star! You didn't miss a blog post :).

For Day 6, I painted my impression of this lovely house in Savannah, GA.  It was taken many years back with an SLR camera and printed on a photo paper.  I've wanted to paint this picture as I've seen it that day but everytime I do the painting just didn't feel right.



For the challenge, I thought I'd try again.  I think with this attempt I've captured some of its essence.  I may try to paint it again someday.

Here's my Day 6 painting.

Welcome Home
Watercolor on Paper
9" x 11"
$75.00 USDAvailable





No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...