Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Day One Painting - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

When my brother and his wife visited Manila, my mom, my siblings and their families and I went along for a ride when they went to Bicol which is my father and sister-in-law's home town.  

Bicol is a place south of Manila where the famous perfect coned Mayon Volcano is located.


We went on a tour of the ruins caused by Mayon Volcano's eruption in 1849. Below is a photo of bell tower what was left of Cagsawa Church. 


On the way to Bicol we passed by a small town in Quezon and I saw this very old house. It's a Filipino house typical of the Spanish era.  It has a big staircase going up the main entrance of the house.  Lots of big windows that have panels made of capiz. 


With modernization these houses are now a rare sight but some places like Vigan have done a good job of preserving and restoring these beautiful architecture.

I love windows and doors and for Day One, I'd like to show my impression of an old Capiz window. 

Sorry for the delay.  As a good friend always says "Life happens".  Here's my Day One Painting.  

Looking Through Capiz
Watercolor on Paper
8" x 10"
$150.00 USDAvailable 
Click to Purchase

I entered this painting at the Eagan Art House Harvest of Art.  So if you want to see the original you may visit it at the Harvest of Art event on September 8.

Enjoy!

On to Day Two and Three! 




No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...