Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 30 January 30 in 30

Finally the last day!  Day 30.

This is a really tough challenge for me this time.  I started out with a new medium- acrylic, new substrates- cardboard and styrofoam and new technique- palette knife painting.  That part was so fun because of new experiences, new everything!  Then I hit a slump, I don't know what to paint next.  So I stopped for a few days (ok they're not few) and re-grouped, re-think that's when the "Guides" series was formed.  I have so much painting that series that I almost don't want to stop but at some point I have to end it.  Maybe I'll get back to the theme at some point.  Then a lull again, re-think and I thought about my theme for 2014- "Life is Art, Paint It!".  With that I started painting scenes from my travels that speak to me.  I hope they speak to you too.

Rome

This scene is from a trip in Rome.  After a lot of walking we found the place that we were looking for- Pizzeria da Baffetto but it's still closed.  A long line of customers has already formed and this couple were at the front of the line waiting patiently for the restaurant to open.

Here's my Day 30.  Finally made it through the challenge!  I may be crazy but I'll do this again!

We're Waiting
12" x 9"
Watercolor on Paper

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...