Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15 of January 30 in 30

I'd like to skip to Day 15 so I can move on.  I'll just create additional paintings as time permits.

I haven't been following my theme of repurpose since I painted the Eiffel Tower.  I find it very challenging as well as going over my failed paintings (I have lots!) to revisit and revive them.  So I've decided to move on to my last theme "Renew" and it's about renewing my love for watercolor.

For the remaining weeks, I'd like to do a series I'd like to name "Guides".

I don't know how to swim but somehow I've always wanted to be near water - the smell of the water, fresh air,  lovely scenes of land and native houses.

I'm so afraid of water that I really have to find the courage to go on boat rides.  At one time I was persuaded to go snorkeling even if my heart was pounding and was thinking what am I doing?  I did go on these adventures and I survived.  But I wouldn't have done those without our guides.  I've trusted them with my life.

This series is about our "Guides" who showed their dedication to their job and the safety of people who were entrusted to them- me and my family and friends and you.

Here's my Day 15 painting

Boracay Guide #1
Watercolor on Paper
9" x 12"





No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...