Thursday, January 02, 2014

Day 2 of January 30 in 30 - SOLD

Day 2 of "Recycle" - January 30 in 30

I paint mainly with watercolor but I was so intrigued by acrylic that I took an acrylic painting workshop with Pat Weaver.  It was frustrating at times for me but I had a lot of fun experimenting with the medium.

So off I go with my minimal knowledge of acrylic and decided to do part of the challenge using this medium. I'm not so sure if what I'm doing is right but what I know is that I'm having lots of fun recycling cardboard boxes and spending time dabbing paint and prepping my "canvas"!  

For materials, I have my bunch of cardboard (of course) which I cut 8"x8", synthetic brushes, palette knives, box cutter and acrylic paints- heavy body from Blick and Apple Barrel acrylic paints I bought from Walmart which I use to prep the canvas and prevent it from warping.  Well they still warp.

My "Recycle" materials

For Day 2, I tried painting with my palette knives.  I did this once at Pat Weaver's workshop and I thought I'll do palette knife painting again. So much fun but find it hard to control.  Well practice makes perfect.

Here's my Day 2 painting

Recycle #2
Acrylic on Cardboard
8" x  8"
If you're into recycling, you can purchase this painting here 

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...