Sunday, June 16, 2013

Adventure date: 25 Nov 2012 - Walking like a Japanese

I was coming home from a Thanksgiving visit in the Philippines and this time I took the Manila to Nagoya flight. Then from Nagoya I planned to take the Nagoya flight to Detroit and from there catch the flight to the Twin Cities.



At Nagoya, I was at the gate and saw a group of Japanese ladies and men in their native dresses. I'm not sure what's going on so I moved a little closer to see.  I found out that as part of their festival (sorry can't remember which one) they were offering to dress people up in kimonos and then will take their pictures.  They have different kinds and colors to choose from.  I chose my favorite color.


I'm a little shy but I tried it anyways. Wow! I can't believe the intensity and complexity of the process. There were 3 ladies dressing me up.  I almost fainted with all those ties, belts, wraps and pads tightly wrapped around me. 

Amazingly I survived and was able to manage a smile in this photo.


And still have a smile in this shot.


After the photo shoot it was an easy task for the ladies to get me off the kimono. 

I was happy I got to experience how to dress in Kimono.  I was smiling all the way to the gate for my flight to Detroit. 

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...