Saturday, April 16, 2005

Where In The Philippines is This Place?


Yes, where in the Philippines is this place? Look at the image real close. Closer. Closer.   Yup, you guessed it right! It's in Cubao! It's a new mall in Araneta Center, called The Gateway Mall. I'm not sure when it actually opened, I just heard it from my friend, Lei, that Cubao is now a great place to visit. So we did.  As my good friend Arnold will put it, It's the Best!




I don't how many times I uttered the words "Ang ganda" (it's beautiful) while wewere strolling the mall. But Lei said, lots!.  I took lots and lots of pictures and I'm hoping I can find a host to post them, for free (of course ;).  I did not hesitate to take my camera off my bag even if people might say and think "Where did this crazy woman come from?". Isn't it cool? I'm a tourist in my own country?

Lots of great advertising in the mall. There were two guys clad in barong and shades standing in the center of the mall, guarding an Adidas shoe, that they're claiming to be the First Intelligent Shoes.
I wonder if the shoe thinks the mall is cool too. As I noticed, great advertising though as lots of peole stopped by to read the signs.

Initially, I got disoriented when I saw the place. I don't know where I was. Even if I forced myself to imagine how the area looked like before, I can't figure it out. I got to find a map or got to go out and move around the structure to find my bearing.  Lei and I went out and finally I saw the light.  So from the vantage point of Fiesta Carnival (which is no longer there, and that's another story), the image you saw above is what you will see.  Then, from the backside, looking out from the Farmer's Plaza, here are the images that you will see. Remember good old National Book Store? (Oh, I just remembered, is Jolly Bee still there? hmmmm... have to go back for a Yum with cheese)

Then there's a walkway connecting Gateway to Araneta Coliseum

Then from Araneta Coliseum to the Farmer Plaza, right through the LRT station.



Isn't that cool?  What's more cool (or cooler?) is that the Gateway has underground 3-level parking area, lots of spaces and real neat and flashy.

Inside the Mall, I saw designer stores and high-end eating places, a floating garden which is called The Oasis,


the Cineplex which houses 10 state-of-the-art movie theaters which they said are furnished with Lazy-Boy chairs (got to see that) and a landmark which they called the Cupola, inspired by a Fiberge egg.

While going down the escalator to our parking, I overheard a couple saying the mall is beautiful. I think I heard them say "It's the Best!", but I might be wrong ;) I thought, they might be visiting Filipinos, just like me.

How to get there:
If you're not familiar with the Cubao area, I'm sure you'll find a friend or a family member who does. Sorry not much of help there, but if you do need direction, send me a note.

No comments:

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...